15 Mar 2019
Regional Conference on Data Analysis and its Application
News Type : General NewsThe participants of the Regional conference were UG and PG students and faculty of various institutions. A total of 385 delegates participated in the Regional conference from various colleges across different places.
- By 9.00 am, registration was closed and pre-test was administered.
- The inaugural session started at 9 am by invoking Godâ€™s blessings.
- Dr.Jebarna Kiruba Mary, Principal RRCON welcomed the gathering and she encouraged the delegates and stressed the need for a clear perspective on data analysis and its application for nursing students.
- This was followed by lighting of the lamp by the dignitaries and one representative from the delegates.
- The chief guest was Dr.Pravin, Vice Principal, RRMCH and Guest of Honor was Dr.Prema Professor of Paediatrics Department, RRMCH.
- Dr.Pravin and Dr.Prema were enlighten importance of the day
- Vote of thanks delivered by Mrs.Tejeshwari.B.V, Organizing Secretary.
- At 9.30 am to 10.30 am the first session was started regarding measures of central tendency and measures of variability was taken by Dr.Balamurgan, HOD department of Mental Health Nursing M.S.Ramaiah institute of nursing sciences and research. He explained in depth regarding the topic
- 10.30 am to 11 am was tea break
- The second session was started at 11 am by Dr.Sasikumar, HOD department of Nursing research and statistics, Vydehi Institute of Nursing Sciences and Research Centre. He explained regarding measures of relationship and normal distribution
- The 3rd session begins from 12 noon by Prof.Sumithra selvam, Professor, department of biostatistics, St.Johnâ€™s Research Institiute, St.Johnâ€™s national academy of health sciences. She explained regarding inferential statistics-parametric and nonparametric test.
- The post lunch session started by 2.00 pm, which was conducted by Prof.Chandrakal, Professor Department of community medicine RRMCH. She explained about application of statistics in health and use of statistical packages by use of computers for data analysis.
- Post-test was administered before valedictory function
- The valedictory function started at 3.30 pm by invoking godâ€™s blessings. The gathering was welcomed by Ms. Noori1st year M.sc nursing student.
- Followed by evaluation/positive feedback was given by the participants from different college.
- The regional conference report was delivered by Mrs. Tejeshwari.B.V HOD & Associate Professor where the pre-test and post-test scores also were compared. There was a 19.5% increase in the average mean score of pre-test and post-test.
- Vote of thanks was proposed by Ms. Sunaina, first year M. Sc nursing student. The function adjoined by 4.30 pm with National anthem.
- The regional conference overall was the feather in the cap and it was a milestone and there will be many on the way to come. The RRCON is always known for giving its quality education and making the students learn through practical training.